The Tear Collector

 This got 2nd place in my category in a contest!

The Tear Collector


When one is sad

 they look for some reasons to be glad.

So I make them.


 I craft the wings,

 of dragonflies and the birds that sing 

Summertime hymns.


I mold flowers,

petals that soak up April showers.

With emerald stems


 I make the gift,

drop-shaped pendant, sealed with a kiss.

More than a gem.


Tears I collect 

when dried they have a better effect: 

Sadness amends.


My workmanship 

Because sadness repurposed is bliss, 

Which then I send.


A teardrop form

That is the sign of my own support.

Means to an end. 


Dry tears of pain 

Look for my repurposed aid

...No, look again. 


Oh look, under us.

A dragonfly in the bottlebrush.

...feel better, friend? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog